Return to Home
- When you get a card read error, the last card fed into the stacker bin caused the error.
- Remove the cards from the input hopper and close the gate.
- Put your fingers in front of the last card fed into the stacker bin.
- Press the Non Process Run Out (NPRO) button and catch the bad card along with the cards being fed from the machine.
- Press the check reset button on the 1401.
- The data from the bad card is still in memory.
- The next valid read will replace the bad data and the program will continue on.
- If it is determined that the card itself is the problem (two or more errors on the same card) copy the card on a keypunch and replace the offending card.
- Take the bad card or it's replacement in front of the last cards fed into the stacker bin.
- Put these cards in front of the rest of the deck and put them in the input hopper.
- Press START to restart the machine.