return to main page
Activities for week of Sept 20
This was an "interesting" week
Tuesday Sept 21 - "We" declared work day to accommodate meeting with Jim Yee
Attending - Ron Williams, Don Erickson, Frank King, Ed Thelen
Wednesday, Sept 22 - Don Cull, Bill Flora, Glen Lea, Ed Thelen
- Studied 1402 schematics vs current wiring
- Jim Yee came in 1:00 and we discussed voltages,
- Calculated that Elgar would indeed output required voltages
- 380 volts phase to phase (some call this delta)
- square root 3 = 1.732...
- 220 volts phase to neutral (some call this Y)
- Voltages match schematic and what Arnold said.
- images of plugs - 1402 Power Input Plug
- Examined wiring in 1402,
- Cracked terminal strip
Thursday, Sept 23 meeting with Jim Yee, Ed Thelen
- Meeting with Jim Yee (408) 595-8749 & Ed Thelen to clarify what is wanted.
- Jim pointed out that #6 wiring will not fit Elgar type plug
- Jim telephoned in order for parts,
- delivery in two business days - maybe Monday
- I made diagram, gave "copy" to Mike Falarski - a much better one is
- Circuit # 1 (my term after finding out two estimates)
- wall breaker->new wire->new Elgar female plug-> existing Elgar male plug & existing Elgar wire
- Circuit # 2 (my term after finding out two estimates)
- two options, and I don't know which was chosen
- Existing Elgar female plug on Elgar unit->new Elgar male plug -> new wire->cracked block in 1402
- Existing Elgar female plug on Elgar unit->new Elgar male plug -> new wire->
new 1402 type female plug -> Visual Storage 1402 type male plug &
Visual Storage power cable -> cracked block in 1402
- Jim noticed that there is a separate hole in the bottom sheet metal of the
1402 - presumably for the power wire (separate from the 4 other cables)
- There is a power box directly under that hole as presently laid out.
- We thought we should move the 1402, and did, it does not look well.
Robert Garner suggests
- - move the 1402 back to original position
- - work the power wire out the back, maybe same openings as other cables