return to main page
1402 Bring-up steps
by Bill Flora
- as of June 29, 2004
- Get agreement on power strategy.
- Bring a basic tool box from home.
- Ask for volunteers on the 1402.
- Inspect all operable parts.
- List all defective parts.
- List any exterior items that may need attention.
- Get agreement on any exterior items noted, and proper steps for restoration.
- Manually move cards through the transport area both read and punch, and note any obvious problems with rollers, bearings, etc.
- Inspect all relays, switches, SMS cards, etc. for obvious defects.
- Get agreement to go ahead with repairs to any items listed in steps 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- After all agreed to power changes are made, get agreement before actual power up attempt.
- Bring up power.
- Check all voltages, and adjust any power supplies that are out of proper range.